Grade II listed Brett’s was built as a private residence in 1830, designed in a classical style, complete with Corinthian columns. The building was later converted into a shop and underwent a major Arts and Crafts extension, before becoming the local Liberal Party Club. It was purchased by the Borough Council in 2004 in a derelict state. The Trust developed the initial feasibility study and obtained planning permission for a restoration to the building’s original form, with end use as accommodation for homeless young people. The Aspire Young Person's Centre was opened in September 2009 with 17 flats and communal and support accommodation.
Thanks to the repairs, Brett’s was removed from the Buildings at Risk Register.